<<<<=====Share on Google+ Above
If you Like,TWEET Above============>>>>
Did you know there are more than 45 million people in the United States that suffer with headaches?
That works out to 1 in 6 people!
Did you know that of that 45 million, 75% remain undiagnosed for their headaches?
And that depression is 3 times more likely to occur for those of you that suffer with headaches?
Causes Of Headaches
As reported in The New York Times (“A Hidden Cause of Headache Pain”), four percent of Americans suffer headaches daily, and “a growing number of headaches are being caused by the very medications taken to alleviate them.” The statistics are alarming. “Half of chronic migraines ” and as many as 25 percent of all headaches, are actually ‘rebound’ episodes triggered by the overuse of common pain medications.” Both prescription and over-the-counter drugs have been implicated.
Other common causes besides from medication include spinal misalignment, muscle tension, diet, stress, and triggers such as dehydration, caffeine, sugar, and alcohol.
5 Ways To Eliminate Headaches Naturally
Billions are spent yearly on aspirin, acetaminophen (tylenol), and ibuprophen to treat the pain of a headache, but they may also be the cause.
Most headache sufferers experience more than one type of headache.
So what are the natural alternatives to OTC medication?
- Chiropractic Care: This is essential for anyone who suffers from headaches! For over a hundred years, chiropractors have provided a natural, drug-free method for headaches. By removing your spinal subluxations, chiropractic allows your body to heal itself.
- Diet/Supplements: A diet that contains regular use of sugar, caffeine, and alcohol, triggers headaches. Additionally, filtered drinking water is essential. By removing or limiting the triggers, increasing water intake daily, and taking a daily multivitamin supplement, your headaches may resolve. In addition to a multivitamin, I would recommend you consider adding daily a probiotic, magnesium, vitamin D, and fiber.
- Aromatherapy: There is research supporting the use of essential oils for better health, including reducing frequency and intensity of headaches. Recommended oils for aromatherapy using a diffuser and for therapeutic uses for headache include peppermint, sandalwood, basil, lavender, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
- Herbal Therapy: There are specific herbal remedies that are beneficial for treating and preventing headaches. These include feverfew (Tanacetum parthenium) and butterbur (Petasites hybridus). These are natural alternatives to medication with fewer side effects.
- Stretches/Relaxation: Often headaches are caused by tension in the neck and shoulders. A daily stretching routine that stretches the neck muscles and upper back/shoulders helps to relieve this muscle tightness. Also, adding in 5 minutes morning and night where you sit/lie down with your eyes closed and mentally relax your muscles will also help to relieve the tension and stress.
These natural alternatives to eliminating your headaches are safer and produce fewer side effects than the traditional over the counter medications available today. They also have the added benefit of treating the cause of your headaches versus only treating the symptoms. So start down the path to eliminating your headaches today. You deserve to enjoy a headache free life.
If you found this article helpful, share today with others on Facebook below.
Also, we invite you to share your stories in the comments section below.
P.S. Find these natural remedies today at the links above in the article.
<<<<=====Share on Facebook Here and Pin It!